Tuesday 17 March 2009

lundi 16 mars

It was lovely to see Rosslyn again!
We started with some more work on nasal vowels.  I found some interesting notes on teaching French phonics from a presentation at this month's primary languages show in Liverpool by Jo Rhys Jones from Cornwall and Lynne Erler form Oxford University. This is where I got the sacks posters which I modified and have uploaded to My Teaching Files.
Working in pairs teachers were asked to fill in examples of each sound from known words, ideally short, monosyllabic words like bon, vin, brun, dent. 
We explored rhymes with a French set of word cards to find rhymes 
and the well known rhyme
à Paris, à Paris sur mon petit cheval gris (H/O) and activboard file
Lynne Erler's 
We also discussed time scale for assignments which I will post separately!




No comments:

Post a Comment